The cookbook I use most for these meals was published before Hawaii was a state, so that wasn't very helpful this time.
Thankfully, a few weeks ago I visited with a lady that had moved from Maui last year. She lived there for 5 years and I really enjoyed visiting with her! Among some of the visiting I learned about some of the foods from Maui. I learned that Limes were a common citrus fruit and that Oranges weren't. She talked about the Banana tree she found in her back yard and about Avocados the size of a person's head, sold at roadside stands for a dollar each.
She told me about going before the markets closed in the evening and buying a huge bouquet of exotic flowers for 2 dollars, I think it was, and how much she loved having them in her house. Doesn't that sound beautiful?!! :)
Fruit salad, guacamole with chips
No comments:
Post a Comment