Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Connecticut Meal

Connecticut! Hmmm, one food that seems to be closely tied to Connecticut is Clam Chowder. :) My family isn't very big on seafood, so I didn't make the Clam Chowder. :) There were recipes for Broiled Lobster, Clam Chowder, Broiled Connecticut Shad, Yale Beets, and all sorts of recipes for desserts, (like Indian Pudding), and a few bread recipes.

The two recipes that I made from this state:

Branford Puffs

and

Snickerdoodles


The directions for the Branford Puffs, were not very helpful! The directions said: "Bake in cups or deep gem pans, in a hot oven." And then went on to inform that "Branford, named for Brentford, in the English county of Sussex, was once a great Connecticut shipping center."

I could tell from the ingredients list that it was a lot like popovers. So, I googled it and found Paula Deen's recipe for popovers that had the same list of ingredients, they just called for 2 more eggs than the puffs. :) So I made Paula Deen's recipe! (You can find the recipe by clicking here.)



Dessert:

Snickerdoodles....:)

No comments: