The Colorado Meal was a little challenging, since most of the recipes seemed like they were written for higher altitudes....plus I was kind of busy. I made a Denver Omelet from the cookbook, Cooking USA. I did my own little variations to it, so I guess it wasn't traditional, but wow! Was it ever GOOD!!! Definitely a good recipe to have on hand!

The Omelet
The dessert wasn't nessarily a Colorado thing...Dad had bought fresh blueberries when he went grocery shopping a few days previous. When we lived in Vermont we found this recipe for fresh blueberry pie and it has been a family favorite ever since. So..this is more of a Vermont dessert, but oh well...maybe they have blueberries in Colorado? :)

The Omelet
The dessert wasn't nessarily a Colorado thing...Dad had bought fresh blueberries when he went grocery shopping a few days previous. When we lived in Vermont we found this recipe for fresh blueberry pie and it has been a family favorite ever since. So..this is more of a Vermont dessert, but oh well...maybe they have blueberries in Colorado? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment