Okay, I want to get caught up with the state meals that I've made so far, before spring! :) The snow is almost all gone, and the sun is shining today!
The Delaware meal included:
Lima Beans
Potato Biscuits
Delaware Corn Griddlecakes
and Lemon Butter
The cookbook America Cooks says that "Delaware leads all the states in canning Lima beans." So we had canned Lima Beans. :)

The potato biscuits are on the left. After I made them it occurred to me that the dough for these is very much like Lefsa , (a Scandinavian 'bread' rolled out thin and cooked on the stove or griddle, like a tortilla of sorts.) I learned that Delaware has emigrants from Sweden, so I'm pretty sure these probably originated from them. :) :D
The Griddlecakes were good.

Up close.

The Lemon Butter. This is what the cookbook said about it, "Lemon butter is still in demand in Delaware and once was considered a supper delicacy in many states, especially in New Jersey. In England it was known as 'lemon cream'." It was good, although one person here thought it was too tart. :)
And thus concludes Delaware. :)
The Delaware meal included:
Lima Beans
Potato Biscuits
Delaware Corn Griddlecakes
and Lemon Butter
The cookbook America Cooks says that "Delaware leads all the states in canning Lima beans." So we had canned Lima Beans. :)
The potato biscuits are on the left. After I made them it occurred to me that the dough for these is very much like Lefsa , (a Scandinavian 'bread' rolled out thin and cooked on the stove or griddle, like a tortilla of sorts.) I learned that Delaware has emigrants from Sweden, so I'm pretty sure these probably originated from them. :) :D
The Griddlecakes were good.
Up close.
The Lemon Butter. This is what the cookbook said about it, "Lemon butter is still in demand in Delaware and once was considered a supper delicacy in many states, especially in New Jersey. In England it was known as 'lemon cream'." It was good, although one person here thought it was too tart. :)
And thus concludes Delaware. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment