Friday, January 22, 2010

Meals from the 50 States



When I was little my family and I would study the states of the U. S. for school. Well, we never finished doing all of the states.

A few weeks ago we started studying one state, one night a week. We are going through the states alphabetically. Using some state cookbooks as my guide, I make a meal that uses recipes or some common ingredients from the state, then while we eat we read about the particular state from Country magazines or a book.

I've really enjoyed this whole thing! Especially the menu planning and making the meal. It's so fun to try recipes I normally wouldn't have tried and I've definitely found some recipes that will go down as family favorites for years to come! Plus, reading about and looking at pictures from a state is like a little vacation for all of us.

I was hoping to update you all on what the menu's are. I'll have to play catch-up here on my blog, since I just haven't done it yet. :)
So come, hop in the 'car' with us and enjoy the ride... :)

P.S. If you have any ideas for food or recipes that we should try from your state I would be totally glad to hear about them!



No comments: