The main book I'm using for these meals is: America Cooks by the Browns. It's a beautiful, old, thick book! Their recipes can be vague at times. :) But I enjoy that! :D
The sub-chapter title for Alabama in this book is: Hot Biscuits at Every Meal
So...
The Alabama Menu is:
Southern Buttermilk Biscuits
with
meat sauce
Dessert:
Tea Cakes
So...
The Alabama Menu is:
Southern Buttermilk Biscuits
with
meat sauce
Dessert:
Tea Cakes
The Southern Buttermilk Biscuits are from the cookbook: America's Bread Book by Mary Gubser. I loved how they looked...but I have to say the biscuits we usually make taste better, not that these were bad, but they could have been better! :)
On to the Dessert!
This recipe is from the book I mentioned at first.
They were very simple to make, and very good!

2 comments:
Those biscuits look really good! REALLY good! Too bad they didn't taste as good as they looked!
Melanie, Well, they really weren't that bad...I guess Amy liked them and Alyssa and I thought they could have used a little more flavor, maybe a little sugar? :)
~Ana
Post a Comment