Saturday, October 2, 2010

Louisiana Dessert

In my search on the Internet for Louisiana recipes I found a recipe for Cajun Cake!


So I made it!

It has pineapple in it and a coconut topping.

See the pineapple? :)

And the yummy coconut topping...mmmmm. :)


On a random note: I learned that Tabasco sauce was invented in LA.   The chapter on this state from the old America Cooks cookbook ends with these remarks on it's spicy sauce:

"...widely publicized as "An aid to digestion; its penetrating pungency stimulates the peptic glands, causing an increased flow of digestive juices." Whether it aids digestion or not, it's a mighty tasty sauce, and an early cooking writer, Mrs. Rorer, even recommended putting it in ice cream-perhaps to ward off a chill, for in Mrs. Rorer's time black pepper was dusted over a dish of ice cream on the mistaken theory that a little extra heat in the tummy would help melt the ice, digest it, or something."

:)

No comments: