Monday, November 1, 2010

My Cousin's Wedding.

In September Dad, Mom and I went to my cousin, Marie's wedding.

The wedding had a fall theme, from the flower girl scattering leaves as she walked down the isle, to the orange and brown colors of the bridesmaids dresses and decorations, and the Caramel Apple favors at the reception..etc. =) (Yes, I love seeing how people decorate their weddings/receptions. :)   The Caramel Apples were really yummy!! 


The Bride and Groom.

Reception:
The wedding cake. The slices we had were Pumpkin Carrot Cake. Something I really appreciated was that the bride and groom cut the cake soon after they arrived at the reception, and then the cake was cut up and used to serve the guests. From a cake decorators view this made a lot more sense than most of the weddings I've been to lately ... =)

My cousin Wes and his son Maximus. =)

The centerpieces were so beautiful and each table had a different kind of candle/decoration.

My cousin Cole and me... :) I enjoyed seeing and visiting with my relatives again! :)

3 comments:

Elena said...

Ana, what a beautiful wedding!
Fall wedding decorations are some of my favorites; I haven't seen any like these, so thank you for sharing!

Blessings,

E

Wendy said...

Love the photos! I really liked the fall table decorations and the glass base under the cake with lights and decorations underneath. I also agree that it's a great idea to cut the cake right away. Well, it's also in my opinion a great idea to either have the bride and groom not make the people wait for them at the reception, OR to have something specific for them to DO (food to eat, or an activity at the tables like a quiz to fill out about the couple) for the SHORT Time (MAX would be 1 hour) they have to wait while pictures are being taken. Thanks for sharing your great pictures, Ana!
Blessings,
Mrs. Gunn

Ana F. said...

I'm so glad you both enjoyed the pictures!
Blessings!
~Ana