Last Friday evening was Stephanie and Joseph's wedding! I was excited to make their wedding cake and cupcakes!
It takes lots of planning. I'm naturally not a super organized person, but I'm learning to be the more I do things like this, because,...I have to be! I enjoy the challenge!

The wedding cake is lemon with lemon glaze spread on all of the layers with creamy lemon filling in-between. I did four layers in each cake so they would be nice and tall. Amy is asking me a question about the chocolate frosting for the cupcakes in the picture above.

Smoothing on the crumb coating...

Frosting the wedding cake!!!

In the background Amy is making the chocolate frosting and Alyssa is piping the creamy swirls of frosting on the cupcakes... :)

Ahead of time I made over 350 light peach roses out of Royal Icing for the cupcakes....Amy and I placed them on... Notice the fresh roses in the background for the wedding cake!! :D

Decorating the wedding cake...I loved working with fresh roses! They are so beautiful and simple!

My creative mom graciously made this monogram for the top! I think she did a wonderful job and it added so much to the cake!

The finished cake.

Some of the 350 chocolate cupcakes.....I was able to use some chocolate chips in them...it worked at last!


Discussing something with my mom who is my counselor in many many things....she is so creative and comes up with so many encouragements and good ideas!

The bride and groom about to eat the cake.

The end!
P.S. I think Alyssa will post more pictures of the wedding soon.
It takes lots of planning. I'm naturally not a super organized person, but I'm learning to be the more I do things like this, because,...I have to be! I enjoy the challenge!
The wedding cake is lemon with lemon glaze spread on all of the layers with creamy lemon filling in-between. I did four layers in each cake so they would be nice and tall. Amy is asking me a question about the chocolate frosting for the cupcakes in the picture above.
Smoothing on the crumb coating...
Frosting the wedding cake!!!
In the background Amy is making the chocolate frosting and Alyssa is piping the creamy swirls of frosting on the cupcakes... :)
Ahead of time I made over 350 light peach roses out of Royal Icing for the cupcakes....Amy and I placed them on... Notice the fresh roses in the background for the wedding cake!! :D
Decorating the wedding cake...I loved working with fresh roses! They are so beautiful and simple!
My creative mom graciously made this monogram for the top! I think she did a wonderful job and it added so much to the cake!
The finished cake.
Some of the 350 chocolate cupcakes.....I was able to use some chocolate chips in them...it worked at last!
Discussing something with my mom who is my counselor in many many things....she is so creative and comes up with so many encouragements and good ideas!
The bride and groom about to eat the cake.
The end!
P.S. I think Alyssa will post more pictures of the wedding soon.
1 comment:
You did such an awesome job on the cake! It was gorgeous!! The cupcakes were so pretty and delicious, too, and I really liked the addition of chocolate chips! Thanks for all your hard work on everything--you are a great team!
I really enjoyed this wedding, and thought it was a wonderful example of love and marriage. I'll be posting photos (hopefully) later this week:)
So good to see you there!
Lots of love,
Mrs. Gunn
www.wendygunn.net
Post a Comment