Monday, July 5, 2010

Cupcakes!!

In less than two weeks I'll be making 320 cupcakes and a wedding cake for a friend's wedding!
Most often I do practice runs just to make sure the colors and basic look is what the bride-to-be desires.

She asked for chocolate chips in the cupcakes, but I learned when trying it that it doesn't work very well! The chocolate chips all stick to the bottom!

So thankful for practice runs.... my Dad really enjoys them. :D



The light peach royal icing roses that I piped up quick.



I needed to do another experiment for the cupcakes last week...Mom and I had just picked strawberries from the garden, so I decided to stick a few slices of strawberries in the frosting for fun! :D


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I was able to pipe almost half of the roses needed for the wedding! :D

2 comments:

Wendy said...

They look so yummy! Great job getting half of the roses done! Has it been really hot up there? How does that affect your frosting?

I really enjoyed your Proverbs 31 quotes, too. "Food for Thought"! and that seems "in keeping" with your Food Blog!:)
So good to see you all last Friday!
I hope to get pictures to you and on my blog soon!
Lots of Love,
Mrs. Gunn

the W. family said...

Thank you Mrs. Gunn!
It has been quite hot up here! Although this evening it finally cooled off a little! Thankfully the heat doesn't affect the frosting very much. I know it normally does. But, the way I make royal icing with Meringue Powder works quite well in more humid temperatures, I think. Plus we have a window air conditioner in the kitchen..so that helps I am sure!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the quotes too!

We'll be looking forward to seeing the pictures! We enjoyed the day too!! Mom and I were in town today and drove by the "Statue of Liberty" and I though of you all! ;D
Lovingly,
Ana