Arizona Menu:
Chili Con Carne (Chili with Meat)
Lettuce Bread
Dessert:
Arizona Grapefruit Pie
The Chapter on Arizona, in the cookbook America Cooks, sums up this state's food like this: Prickly Pears, Pichola, Pinones, and Cactus Candy. It has recipes for Cactus Sandwiches, Prickly Pear Jelly and Preserve, and Cactus Candy! Since I don't have much access around here to cactus other then the little dusty potted one we have sitting somewhere around here on a window sill, I decided those recipes wouldn't be the best options! :D
The Chili Con Carne was very good!
I was looking in the America's Bread Book and found under the Arizona section a recipe for Lettuce Bread, so I decided I should make it! Even though it sounded strange! I read in America Cooks, that Phoenix is called " The Lettuce Ball of America", so I figured it would be a good thing to have. (I really don't know if Phoenix is still known as the lettuce ball anymore.) The pictures just above and below are from the dough when I had just started stirring in the lettuce, and I had to take a picture!
The Chapter on Arizona, in the cookbook America Cooks, sums up this state's food like this: Prickly Pears, Pichola, Pinones, and Cactus Candy. It has recipes for Cactus Sandwiches, Prickly Pear Jelly and Preserve, and Cactus Candy! Since I don't have much access around here to cactus other then the little dusty potted one we have sitting somewhere around here on a window sill, I decided those recipes wouldn't be the best options! :D
The Chili Con Carne was very good!
I was looking in the America's Bread Book and found under the Arizona section a recipe for Lettuce Bread, so I decided I should make it! Even though it sounded strange! I read in America Cooks, that Phoenix is called " The Lettuce Ball of America", so I figured it would be a good thing to have. (I really don't know if Phoenix is still known as the lettuce ball anymore.) The pictures just above and below are from the dough when I had just started stirring in the lettuce, and I had to take a picture!
The Lettuce Bread was very good! It smelled and tasted like peanut butter!!!!
Dessert:
Dessert:
America Cooks had this Arizona Grapefruit Pie recipe! It was very yummy! It has a custard with grapefruit juice in it. On top are sections of grapefruit with 1/2 cup brown sugar sprinkled on top which is then placed under the broiler and caramelized! Yummy!
And thus ends the Arizona meal. :)
1 comment:
Sounds awesome! I need to get my hands on those cookbooks... :-D (We really need to try some new recipes here!!) :-)
Post a Comment