I loved the looooooong handshakes he gave! My Grandpas died when I was young and most of the other 'older' men in my life, before we had moved to where we live now, never really talked to me. So I still remember that first Thanksgiving with the Miller family about 2 months after our move back to Minnesota. He shook my hand and asked me to let go, but he was still holding on so I couldn't...I totally fell for it, I couldn't figure out what was wrong at first!:) So, he kept shaking my hand, and by the end I was laughing so hard I was crying!
He would stop by when he was in the area and visit, telling Dad about job ideas he had come up with. He gave us photography pointers and taught us about the rule of thirds.
He was funny!
He loved his family.
talking to Pearl H.
giving his wife a hug after playing water balloons...
barbecuing

No comments:
Post a Comment